Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ambis

So, like I said on my last post, I'm only posting here when I feel inspired and, lo and behold, I was very inspired today. I started doing ambigrams on occasion back in my last year of highschool. 

For those not familiar with ambigrams, they are words that are written in a way that when you turn it upside down, it still reads the same word. 

Here are the most recent ones.

Definition of the Aver:
-to assert or affirm with confidence; declare in a positive or peremptory manner.
-to state positively; assert
-to allege as a fact or prove to be true 
 




Final version. But, I wasn't satisfied. So, I tried to see another way of writing it.

 Here's the result. I like this one better than the first. It has a better flow, it seems.

This next one was inspired by the films Boondock Saints 1 and 2. On the hands of the 2 main characters, are tattoos that says VERITAS(truth) and AEQUITAS(equality). I've been itching to get a new tattoo, and I figured I'd do a two word ambigram. This is my first 2 word ambigram, so it need a little bit more work.






So, when you read it this way, it says the word VERITAS.

And when you turn it upside down, it says AEQUITAS.

I still need to clean it up and maybe work the middle of the word to see if I can write it another way. Anyways, this is it for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment